Unity Offers Practical Teachings for a Prosperous and Meaningful Life
Spiritual seekers often say that finding Unity is like coming home. Unity is an open-minded, accepting spiritual community that honors all paths to God and helps people discover and live their spiritual potential and purpose.
A positive alternative to negative religion, Unity seeks to apply the teachings of Jesus as well as other spiritual masters. Unity affirms the power of prayer and helps people experience a stronger connection with God every day.
Unity emphasizes the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help people live more abundant and meaningful lives.
Although personal and spiritual growth comes from within, most people appreciate learning, friendships, support and companionship along the way. Unity is committed to helping you find your way to your own understanding—and experience—of God. The result? You feel good about yourself and discover the peace and joy of abundant living.
The Five Principles that make up the Unity belief system are:
- God Is: God Is Absolute Good, everywhere present.
- I Am: Human Beings Have a Spark of Divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
- I Create: Human Beings Create Their Experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- I Pray: Prayer Is Creative Thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good.
- I Act: Knowing And Understanding The Laws Of Life, Also Called TRUTH, Are Not Enough. A person must also live the Truth that he or she knows.
Unity: Where Positive Minded People Come Together
People in Unity believe that our world is on the cusp of a new awakening. As we grow in consciousness, we create a more loving and peaceful world.
In Unity, we feel a sacred responsibility, both individually and collectively, to make a positive difference through personal example and spiritual social action in our community and in our world.
Through prayer, positive community- building and service to others, we demonstrate that we truly are one. By reaching in and reaching out we can change the world. Together, we can create a world that works for all!